LumaPix Corporate Policies
We care as much as you do about privacy - so our corporate policies are simple, transparent and to the point.
- FotoFusion does not include any hidden third-party software (“spyware”).
- We sometimes collect crash reports if the software did not exit properly – no personal information is transferred.
- We track what version people are using, error reports and usage patterns. We also track attempts to circumvent copy protection.
Our software uses network technology to communicate with a server, to check for version upgrades, to report errors and to track usage patterns to detect piracy.
We use this information to improve the product and protect the investment made by honest users – but again, we will not transfer information on individual users to commercial third parties.
FotoFusion detects if it did not exit correctly the last time it was run; if this has happened, FotoFusion reports the circumstances of the crash to LumaPix the next time it is run.
This enables us to identify problem areas in the software and improve them for all users. No personal information is transferred during this process.
Software Upgrade Summary:
- Software updates are released periodically and are downloaded automatically by FotoFusion
- Purchasing FotoFusion entitles you to free “dot” upgrades until the next major release.
- We do provide a ‘grace’ period: if we ship a new major version within 90 days of your purchase, you will receive an upgrade at no charge.
Detailed upgrade policy (updated 27 July 2011)
These updates are detected automatically and downloaded directly from LumaPix as part of application startup.
We encourage you to download and work with the most up-to-date versions at all times; this is how we remain responsive with our software and maintain your satisfaction in our product.
Purchasing FotoFusion entitles you to free “dot” upgrades until the next major release. For example if you purchase version 1.1 then an upgrade to version 1.2 is free but an upgrade to version 2.0 is not.
We do provide a ‘grace’ period: if we ship a new major version within 90 days of your purchase, you will receive an upgrade at no charge.
LumaPix reserves the right to change the terms of this policy at any time.
If you are unsatisfied with your LumaPix purchase for any reason, let us know. If we can’t fix your problem, we will cheerfully refund your money. Period.